Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Promised Land

Multiple posts per day, I don't seem like I'm killing time, do I?


Onto the topic. The Promised Land.
Thought I'd have a bit of a rant about my dear home country, Finland. No, we don't have polar bears, nor do we live in iglus. It does get warm in the summer, and we are allowed to feel cold, no matter where we are in the world. You don't know how many times some smartass has pointed out my nationality and claimed that I should be used to coldness, whilst somewhere out of Finland.
Screw you hippie, at least we build our houses properly so it won't get cold inside! Ever! Ha!

...

That's not the rant I was going to get on to. Let's try again, shall we?

What I intend to babble about is Finland being truly the promised land of televised sms-chats and mobile games. The most futile air-time fillers ever, but somehow endlessly fuelled by morons who pay good money to send messages to these shows, hoping that their message will be displayed on television and perhaps, just perhaps, the scantly clad hostess will comment something on their message.

Aside these inane chats, there are also televised mobile games. Send a message with a certain code in hopes of sinking a ship/getting a question right/getting a hole in one, and gather points. You can't actually win anything from these games, you just gather points, and at the end of the day they'll announce the idiot with the most points.
Each message costs around 1€, more or less.
And people send messages.

Sorta makes you feel sad for human kind, really.

Then again, people never cease to amaze me. I used to think people had short attention spans and get tired of fads quickly, but reality tv is still going strong (can't even be bothered to start a rant on that one), and televised sms-chats and mobile games flourish.

Hooray for people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sponge Girl said...

Yooo-halooo!

Man, you one frequent poster, girl.

Welcome, m'dear.

P.S. Join the fight to "Pee Kay!".

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home