Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What have I done this year?

So, as the year is about to roll over to give space for the new one, I thought I'd have a bit of a think, see what I've been up to this year.

January - Came back from Perth, as had spent xmas-time there. Leaving was a bit messy, people and issues and all. Perhaps I did not divide my time equally between folks. But all's good now, issues resolved and left behind. Though I do still cherish the email I received from a furious mother, as I had not spent enough time with my dear friend, her twentysomething daughter.
But enough about that.
The rest of January, nothing much. 'Studying' and the like.

February - The start, nothing much. Generic uni-stoodent life. Toward the end my dear Spongegirltastic sister and de-facto came to Finland for a couple of weeks, hooray! =). Twas good seeing her again. *subtle hint* Come back already!

March - Sister still around, till buggered off to Paris. Rest of March nothing much. Stoodious life.

April - The start, nothing much. Bout halfway through headed off to Dublin, Ireland for a 5wk teaching practice. Twas fun, drank a lot of Guinness.

May - Still in Dublin. Came back to Finland near the end of the month. Went home, no studies for a few months. Hooray for summer!

June - Start of the month, nothing. Nothing nothing nothing, not even pretending to study, though I could've done that aswell. Toward the end of the month my dear HLP (- hetero life-partner for those not in the know) came to visit from Perth. Twas a jolly good time we had, and I miss her insanely.

July - HLP still around, and we went to Prague, Check Republic for 3 days I think it was. A smashing time we had, and teamed up with two retired biochemists for a day, who gave us a tour of Prague. Around half way through the month my dearest HLP had to head off, aiming for Japan this time. For me the rest of July was nothing much, got a bit older.
Oh, and I was beginning to panic, as uni would be on again in September, and I lacked a place to live in Freezerville (home and Freezerville are about 600kms apart). But I figured that things would work out somehow, as they tend to do. And they did. We had a bbq party near Freezerville, with a bunch of Freezervillian friends there. Turns out that one had a spare room in his apartment. Done and done.

August - start of the month did some studious things, like writing and essay. Surprised myself that I actually managed to do it, usually I'm hopeless with getting anything done by due dates. Last minute panics were made for me. Toward the end of the month it was time to move to the new place, and though I do indeed love being home, it was nice to get away again.

September - Studying. Somehow managed to understand our phonetics and structures of English courses without huge troubles. Hooray. Roommate life going fine, though I'd never lived with anyone (other than family and a hamster) before. A dear friend came back to Freezerville, after spending the summer in Norway, stayed with us a couple of days. She used to date my roommate, but that was about half a year ago, and she broke it off, so it would be fine.

Yeah, right.

October - Uni, roommateness-turned-into-something-moreness, telling my friend I'm now dating the guy of her dreams. Her breakdown. GuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuilt.
Roadtrip to Malmö, Sweden, with a day-stop in Copenhagen, Denmark. Twas fun.

November - Meeting his parents for the first time. Was shit scared. But it was ok. Me and dear friend trying to figure things out between us, she's trying not to be angry with me, but hard not to, and she's damn well allowed to. GuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuiltGuilt.
Our first date. (We seriously did this whole thing the wrong way around, first we move in together, then start dating, then go on a holiday together [roadtrip, though there were others too], then we meet the parents, and then go on our first date).

December - Another roadtrip, though this time only to the south of Finland. Him meeting my parents. He was shit scared. But it was ok. Xmas time creeping closer. He and his family go for a sunny xmas. Me and dear friend try to work things out, slowly. Still laden with guilt. She still cries at the sight/mention of him. My theme song is the southparkian 'Kyle's mom is a bitch', but with my name there.
Might not see dear friend untill February next year when we go on exchange to Barcelona together.
I start this blog.
Coming home for xmas time, am Santa for the first time. Twas fun.
He came back to Finland yesterday, and will be here today. Have been smiling like an idiot.
Oh, and it's dear friend's birthday today. Happy Birthday, sweetie =).


And that about wraps it up so far. Not sure anything of interest will happen within the remaining days of the year. So during the year I was in Australia, Ireland, Check Republic, Denmark, and Sweden. As you may have noticed, I did not work last year at all, so my financial situation is somehting any economist would describe as 'crap'.
As for next year, as I mentioned I will be going on exchange to Barcelona, Spain, with my dear friend. Desperately hoping that things will be better.
I have a feeling I won't have a summerjob again, as I won't be back from my exchange untill June. So lack of funds for next year aswell, hooray! =)
But, things tend to work out somehow.

Wow. That's a long post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home