Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easterbunnyday =)

Hello hello everyone.

Well my week of laziness is soon coming to an end, only tomorrow left for sweet sweet nothing. Then again I've been succesfully accomplishing nothing since friday last week, so perhaps it's time to pretend to study again =).

Things with me and DF are seriously looking up, which deserves a huge HOORAY! Saw her earlier this week (Wednesday maybe, dunno for sure. One of them anyway) as I joined her and her housemates for a lazy day at the beach, and then today as she came over for the Easter brunch at my house (ate a lot. It was about 6 hours ago, and I'm still full. But boi was it good.), and tomorrow a bunch of us are going to a couple of clubs.

But anyway, after the brunch she sent me a message asking if it would be ok by me if we didn't continue with the separate lives anymore and so on. To which I replied with something along the lines of "Yes yes yes, hooray hooray!"

So WooHoo! =D

That's all for now, so till later y'arr.

edit

Forgot to relate my tale of attending an Easter procession when I first posted, so thought I'd just add it in here.

So as you may have gathered, Easter is a big thing for them catholic folk - what with a whole week off school and all. On Friday we went into town to see a real, authentic, Spanish Easter procession, which would start from one of the churches from quite the centre of town.

Mind you Barcelona doesn't do it as big and all out as some other towns, but still.

So we get there, me, Austrian girl and Belgian boy, and quickly notice that we're not the only ones there.

Huge crowds, everyone pushing and shoving to get themselves close to that church entrance, to see all them priests and altar boys streaming out, looking all grave and solemn and whatnot.

Now I have a bit of a thing against religion. I'm not saying it's bad to have faith, and by all means, the one of you who do believe, and find peace, serenity and all sortsa good stuff from it, good for you. But as an institution, and masses of religious folk with that holier-than-thou attitude - sheesh. Not my crowd, I tells ya.

So much for good samaritans when someone's trying to pass - no, no, no! The thing to do is to not move your feet an inch, yell at the person trying to get forward and push forward so you can get the good glimpse of that priest, at whom you gaze upon with such a lamb-like stare whilst crossing your hands. God-fearing folk my ass - all of 'em just hell bent on the notion that their club is right and thus are allowed act however the hell they please towards them pagans.

Anyway, there was a float aswell, quite a big one. It had Mary supporting a dead Jesus on her lap, lots of flowers, and a huge crown on Mary's head. They'd built it inside the church, and somehow neglected to make sure they could fit the contraption through the doors onto the street. Eventually they had to get the crown off, get the float outside, and then re-attach it.

So there was a priest half in Mary's lap, leaning on Jesus, screwing the crown on Mary's head. The crowds seriously cheer joyfully as the priest twists and screws the crown tightly on her head.

And I think that I was the only one who saw that as somewhat in the area of what not to do to religious symbols - publicly attach headwear with hardware, but hey, what do I know I suppose. You nail one's hands, spose you may aswell screw the other one's head.

Anywho, after all that the float finally began to inch along, only to stop under a balcony from which two women 'sang'. Banshees in heat, to my opinion, but then again, what do I know of these religious thingamies.

After that the three of us decided that we'd seen about enough, and the gang of hypoc... religious folk could manage well without us in their midst. We went and ate kebabs and life was good again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sponge Girl said...

"They all drank lemonade..."

Moving packing aaah busy lazy everything happening aaaah!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Mirri said...

Packing sucks ass usually. Though it's a good way of seeing what all sortsa crap one has accumulated over the years, and time to ponder again why the hell I still choose to keep all this crap that I really truly will never use, but I must've had some reason for why I was hanging on to it before, so might aswell continue doing so.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home