Tuesday, February 14, 2006

another long post, sorry people... =)

130206

Hola amigos, tengo una place to live!

Hooray for that! But first, more about today

At 10am we had our meeting at the university, and met a lot of very nice people, who were all really helpful and patient with our desperately broken Spanish. Yes there were other exchange students present as well, but they were from Chile, so they had a bit of an advantage..

But we got our courses all figured out, I’ve got arts, English linguistics and didactics (conveniently the courses that I’m currently missing in Freezerville), and then an educational theory course, the content of which is probably something I’ve done already a billion times, but this time, it’ll be in Spanish! =D

Also our host university kindly provided us with a huge file with all sorts of info, and a nifty backpack, which of course didn’t fit the file, but is quite cool nonetheless.

Then my friend and I headed off to meet this woman I’ve been in touch with a lot about apartments, and went to see one. It was walking distance from the university, quite a steep downhill (meaning that going to the uni will be steep uphill…) and right next to a metro station. The room was small, and shared a bathroom with another room, which was currently unoccupied also, communal kitchen, lounge area and such. The rooms have their own tv, and an internet connection, praise the lord.

Still wasn’t quite sure initially, and so we said we’d call back and think about it. After another place fell through, I thought that screw it, I’m tired of searching and such, and that seems to be quite a good place, only students and interns living there apparently. So I called up, and I’m moving in tomorrow, hooray!

Endless relief. When I called, I was sitting in Placa Catalunya, which is filled with pigeons, and kids running around trying to catch the pigeons. I was watching this, and the birds flying around, and then felt a little splat on my leg. Yep, I got a souvenier from a Barcelonian pigeon. But hey, I’ve go a place to live now, so I’m cool.

My friend is considering booking the other room in the house, but she’s not sure yet, and is actually at the moment, at 9:30 pm, checking another place out. I told her to send me an sms once she’s back so that I’ll know that she’s safe and all..

Oh, and before she left to find this other place, we were hanging out at her hostel, and I was talking to this other girl in the same room, she was apparently an exchange student elsewhere in Spain, but here on holiday. We spoke in English for a while, until she asked me where I was from. After my answer, she replied in Finnish. I did wonder that she looked a lot like a typical Finn, but didn’t dare ask…
So then the three of us played cards till my friend decided to head off to check out the new room somewhere.

But it’s time for me to fold down the screen, grab my book and get back to reading, so ttfn dear reader =).

2 Comments:

Blogger Sponge Girl said...

Splat!

Good thing you were happy. The last thing you want when you're miserable is to literally be crapped on, as well as metaphorically.

Yay apartamento!

Ah, dem cray-zeh Finns. Never know where you'll bump into one.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Mirri said...

bumped into another one today, in an info-booth. we were asking about random stuff, and the lady asked where we were from, and then hey, she turned out to be Finnish too. Crazy things! =)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home