Saturday, February 11, 2006

Friday...

100206

Hello hello, another day gone by living the Barcelonian life =).

Had a really good night’s sleep and a nice breakfast, and a shower in the morning, so life was looking all around fine. Had to move into another room, as there was some screw-uppance with the booking, and I spent the first night in a double room, nicely sprawled on the bed.
Now I’m in a single room, which is actually bigger than the double room. Go figure.
Then, lo and behold, I wrote the essay, which was due today.

Then my friend came over and after a brief lunch of yoghurt and strawberries (which were huge, but tasted like water) we headed off to roam the city. We found ourselves an internet-placethingy and I got to send off my essay, check my mails, and look up people to call about places to live. We checked one place out, which had gone just 30 minutes before our arrival.
So we headed back towards Placa Cataluna, and saw a huge flock of pigeons in the square, and people feeding them. Thus we bought some seeds as well, and became one with the flock. Them birds are obviously used to people, and will happily sit on your head, hand, shoulder, each other, in effort to gain a snack or two. We got some delightful pictures out of that.

As for housing -never fear, we’ll find something. Am actually currently waiting for a couple of girls to call back about a room, but we’ll see if they do..

The rest of the day was spent roaming and walking to and fro Ramblas and speaking something vaguely spanishy every now and then. Walked to the waterfront and back, and my feet know that I’ve been walking and on my feet basically from 1-10pm.

We also got lost for a bit with the winding sidestreets, but luckily the city seems to be full of helpful people who’ll point you in the right direction. Hooray! So we found our way back to my hostel, had some more strawberries, and checked the pictures of the day.

But that’s all for now, I’ll update more later =).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home