Monday, February 13, 2006

Huge post.

120206

Hola todos!

Sunday, and still no place to live. But tomorrow am going to see this one place after our introductory meeting at the university, and am hoping that I can live there then. It sounds good, and there are a lot of vacancies, so all should be fine and dandy.

Had a bit of a rough evening yesterday, as the stress and tiredness caught up with me, and thus was a bit teary. Then I slept 11 hours. Now things are looking up again, so hooray hooray, and here’s hoping that tomorrow I’ll have a place to live all sorted out and such. And I’ve consoled myself with the thought that if all else fails, I can always grab my stuff, hail a cab, and get myself to the airport and on the first flight home. Money is after all, only money.

I was warned though, that this would happen. A couple of my friends who’ve been on exchange have experienced the same – bursting in tears though there’s no real reason for it, and all is actually quite well. So it’s just part of the process, and hopefully I’ll get adjusted to these new surroundings soon enough.

And land a place with an internet connection, I mean seriously. Hunting for internet café’s and such is really not all that, when you’re used to a 24/7 broadband connection.

Plus the familiar technology calms me down. Even if people around me are talking in a strange language, and I don’t know my way around and all, I can always get online, read the headlines of Finnish newspapers, chat with people, read my regular webcomics, and do all the other stuff I’d do at home as well. Spose I am a bit of a nerd =).

We checked out our school today, and it was quite easy to find and to get there, so that was good.

That’s about all for now, I’ll update more again later =).

---

Later the same day

Hello again, tis Sunday evening, and actually only a few hours since my previous entry above.

My friend came over, and we played Canasta for a while, she won. But it was close! I only lost by 1000 points.. oh well.

As my previous post was mainly ranting and whining, spose this one might be more about what we’ve done today.

Got up around 9ish, and just over an hour later I was on my way to my friends place, as I got bored. Hung around her hostel for a bit, then decided to see if we could find our school well enough, and we did, hooray for that. Though once we got to the school we went completely around the building trying to find the main entrance, only to realize (once we’d come full-circle) that it was 10 meters from where we left off. But we found it nonetheless!

Then we came back to the city and roamed about, and had a 3 course lunch, which was quite nice. Then she left to check out the beach, and I decided to head back here to rest and read, and to listen to some Richard Cheese. Muy bueno.

I’ll be staying in this hostel for an extra day, so I can find somewhere to live, and mainly so I can store my luggage somewhere whilst I’m at the meeting tomorrow. Otherwise I’d have to check out by 12.

Still quite unimpressed by the fact that the university did not arrange housing for us. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to write that I’ve got a place to stay…

Anywho, time for some more music and reading, whilst enjoying a somewhat bruised apple my friend kindly left for me =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sponge Girl said...

Whoa, crazy-ass big post!

Hyva etta paikka loytyi (vai muistanko mina ihan vaarin?).

Antilla on tanaan kuulemma ruotsin kuuntelu. Huihui.

JA mina menen jylijoppiin ensi viikolla. MEinasivat, etta tama viikko ei oikein sovi niiden palkkalaskureihin siististi, ja mina ajattelin etta hey, holida-ay, celebra-ate...

Mutta ala sure tahi murehdi. Kyllasesiita.

"Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in Australia" - Charles Schultz

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home