Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Finally a post that'll go straight online.

So yes, no more do I need to type something up, then save it on a memory-stick, then hope to find an internet-den somewhere, then post it. Nope, got me a place to live, with a speedy wireless connection. Yessirree.

So about this new place o'mine. It's a room in a shared flat, shared meaning communal kitchen and laundry facilities. Toilet/bathroom is shared with the room next to mine, and that other room is currently unoccupied. Hooray!

The room has an interior window - yes, a small window facing the hall. Not all that many have windows that actually face outside, which is really really strange.

Oh, and my room's on the first floor, so no goddamn stairs to worry about when I hauled my 21kg of crap here, hooray!

The room itself is a decent size, probably 3x3 metres is my guess, not gonna do any actual measuring. But I can visualise almost two of me lying on the floor against the wall, so that would make it about 3 meters per wall. Very scientific, yes.
I've got a squeaky-as-hell-but-surprisingly-comfy single bed, quite a large cupboard, which I can't fill even close, a small set of drawers and a tiny desk, which was instanly covered by the usual clutter of mine (computer, a few books, makeuup, tea cup, some random jewellery...), and a chair.
I've also got a fitted desk lamp, and a tv, the remote for which requires batteries currently. Haven't actually watched any tv yet, as I find ths machine far more entertaining. Oh,and a waste basket. Got me one of those too.

The first thing I did once I got here, was drag the bed to against a wall. For some insane reason it was set in the middle of the room, making the room really really cramped and tricky to move in. Now it actually looks like I've got some spare space in here.

The kitchen is somewhere I would never dare let my mother in. I think she'd faint in horror. It's got 2 stoves and 3 fridges and endless cupboards, and 2 sets of sinks. The sinks are usually filled with peoples dishes, which are waiting to be washed, and the floor is not to be walked on without shoes of some sort. Yeech. Haven't actually managed to get any warm water out of the kitchen taps, so washing up is a bit of a bitch. Luckily no such problem with showers, wonderful hot showers, with actual water pressure!
Sidenote: People in Britain, I do not know how you can claim ever to hav had a shower, when you breathe with more of a pressure than what the water comes in.

Haven't tried the washing machine yet, we'll see how that goes later.

Later on today a bunch of us exchange students are meeting in town, and some had a plan of heading out to par-tay, something which I'll not go for, as the subways stop running at 12, and I have no idea which night busses come this way. Oh, and we aint meeting till 10:30pm. Crazy people with late starts. I'd be happy to consider curling up with a book at that stage, sheesh.

Seems I cant help myself with the long posts, sorry.

Anywho, till later =)

-yarr.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sponge Girl said...

But long posts keep us lazy buggers entertained at work!

(Okay, lunchtime)

Myo menemme huutokauppaan lauantaina leikkiman, etta meilla olisi varaa ostaa tontti. Koska hei, kellapa ei olisi ylimaaraista kuuttasataatuhatta rahayksikkoa nurkissa pyorimassa.

Hauskaa bailaamista!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Mirri said...

Eiauta ku mennä Intiaan, jolloin niitä satojatuhansia rahayksiköitä voi tosiaan pyöriä nurkissa =)
Ja en ees menny bailaamaan, jäin kotia kirjaa lukemaan =D. Party-animal, yes...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home