Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Adventure and excitement with the washing machines!

Indeed plural, as there are three machines upstairs, all right next to each other.
Yesterday decided to do some laundry, and thus hauled my pile of clothes waiting to be washed upstairs and outside, only to find the machines occupied. Though I did try opening one of them, and sorta, kinda, broke the handle.
I swear I did not yank or pull, just opened. And it came off. With a snapcrack(lepop)! Then I saw someone elses clothes there, and decided that eh, it's their problem to handle.

So today after my brief stint at uni listening to a lecture I did not understand one word of (but really wasn't all alone in my blank stares, as a whole lot of people were dozing off, playing with their phones, or checking their watches constantly), I decided it was an unlikely time to have anyone else wanting to wash their clothes, and lo, I was right.

Now I think I turned the machine on.

Ya see, it's an old one, and all the helpful diagrams next to the dials have faded long long ago. So I just loaded the machine up, and pressed the button with a light on it. The light lit. Didn't hear any noise from it, hoping that it doesn't require turning a tap on or anything.

Anywho, in an hourish we'll see if I still have more clothes than what I'm wearing currently...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sponge Girl said...

Don't foget the secret handshake. Everyone knows Spanish washing machines only work when you give them the secret handshake.

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home